covid-19 Updates regarding in person worship
The Great Commandment states, “You shall love the Lord your God … and love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37–39, ESV). Seeking to live into these words of Christ, continuing to uphold the Methodist mandate to "Do No Harm" and having the realization that Thomasville UMC continues to be the church even during this pandemic, our regathering for our in-person worship will occur in coordination with the Annual Conference’s guidelines and Governor's Reopening Church Taskforce, while and in consideration of data acquired from the Alabama Department of Public Health and executive mandates regarding proactive health protection from the Governor's office.
- WORSHIP ONLY – NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
- CHILDREN WILL GO DIRECTLY TO FELLOWSHIP HALL AND REJOIN PARENTS AFTER WORSHIP
- WEARING OF MASKS ARE REQUIRED AS PER THE GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDER
- THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EXCEPTIONS LISTED IN THE GOVERNOR'S MANDATE
- SOCIAL DISTANCING AS INDICATED AND FAMILIES MAY SIT TOGETHER
- NO MORE THAN 3 UNRELATED PEOPLE TO A PEW
- USE OF HAND SANITIZER UPON ENTRANCE
- OFFERINGS MAY BE PLACED IN THE OFFERING BOX WHEN EXITING THE SANCTUARY AFTER WORSHIP
Should you have any questions, please reach out to us through our Contact Us page.